2. Acupuncture works …not every solution has a Western paradigm.
3. RIP David Bowie: How long and what to do with the time?
4. Complaining in the ER almost guaranteed to increase wait time
5. Cure for Facebook Addiction…a Twilight Zone that ends well
6. If you have an industrial fan in your office, create something. (See below)
7. There is nothing you can do…the zeitgeist of our time becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy
8. Florence Foster Jenkins … an uncommon kind of hero
9. Jennifer Aniston and I agree: husband and dogs-great companions!
10. Everything changed in November…the election required critical thinking not multiple choice…Giving new meaning to Only the educated are free! and the systemic problems w/ educating to the test at the expense of thinking. (I taught for 20 years, ages 6 to 80, my experience informa my statements.)
Happy New Year and Shout out to Radames Perez, May the Force Be with You Everyone!
It is a somber day in Ithaca and the surrounding area. It rained a heavy rain and the clouds settled in – a dark blanket over a liberal town in the wake of the election.
It is a day when my husband says: Now would be a good time for the aliens to invade.
And while Obama pointed out the sun would come out tomorrow, it did not even peak through the clouds here.
I keep thinking of the people I knew who fought, or lived, through World War II, or escaped Germany before it was too late. They are on my mind tonight. “What would they say?”
I also keep thinking of our system of education and that adage, “Only the educated are free.” If 50 percent of the electorate really knew what the ramifications could possibly be based on all of the factors that have been spewn into our orbit, if they asked why? how? would they really think they made the best choice?
Tomorrow is Thursday and I hope the sun does come up, at least for a little while. The road ahead is going to be tough, we will need to see clearly to prepare for the journey. Continue reading A somber day→